Philanthropy has no barriers. This has aptly been proven by global leaders like Warren Buffett, Bill Gates, Bill Clinton, Mark Zuckerberg and many others who are contributing to the well being of disadvantaged around the globe. The Indian Corporate companies like Infosys, Wipro, Reliance, TATAs are also active through their CSR programs in serving the society.
As a whole the amount of aid extended globally to social sector runs into billions of dollars. Despite this, we find all-around from hamlets to urban cosmopolitans, scores of people suffering from hunger, shelter, disease and illiteracy. Besides the population who are categorized as Below Poverty Line (BPL), there are millions of middle class families who struggle discretely for the very survival.
I have given the above as an introductory to my foregoing. I visualize a big picture to handle the situation. How? Let me briefly indicate below:
- We identify one or more, may be up to 3 strategic locations in every target country where we identified emphatic, long-term and varied need to give hand-hold to the disadvantaged.
- The location is made self-sufficient with customized, innovative, dynamic, scalable, secured and infrastructure related to the required area(s) of development like education, health care, and economic empowerment.
- Each location can hold either integrated amenities or can be equipped with one specialized focus area and remaining common requirements.
- We identify the beneficiary population from every country. We facilitate special agreements of working with each country so that we accommodate cross cultural beneficiaries in the respective country locations. Thus, every country will have mixed beneficiaries drawn from every other country in the given location(s).
- We ensure that the governing people in each location whether the faculty in the field of education, or operational staff or management will also go by the above placement criteria. This measure will bring in a changed feeling and improve the participation of beneficiaries in the focused programs. Cross cultural activities are always an encouraging and momentous events every where.
- We define and deploy world class knowledge tools, technology tools and human resources to implement, operate, manage, review and correct the operational metrics of the programs. This could be through an integrated tool infrastructure which will be used, monitored and reviewed with each other location or an independent infrastructure specific to a given location.
- Fund raising, advocacy, program design are handled by core global team and rest of the things like implementation, performance management, legal affairs, and corporate governance are monitored by them.
- Global organizations like universities, research firms, renowned NGOs, health care institutions, tech firms provide their collaborative deliverables in the design and deployment of very infrastructure in line with the focused area of development in every location
What are the advantages of this?
- Scope to draw larger resources from several sources including the individual contributors. This kind of infrastructure and focused approach will instill confidence in every citizen that their contributions won’t go waste or unseen.
- Cross cultural integration and implementation will bring in several natural advantages where beneficiaries will develop their individual stature with new ambitions.
- Considerable aid from the governments from its annual budgetary provisions is possible, which otherwise spend larger allocations that mostly go waste because of lack of monitoring.
- This will attract larger voluntary contributions in the form of human resources, material, expertise, encouragement and many more.
- The model once proven could be replicated across the required locations globally.
- The model can replace several independent and un-organized developmental activities.
- Above all, the donated monies and contributions are constructively, ethically utilized under globally monitoring environment.
I visualize the entire design in its whole sense beyond the above few points. We may call the project Social City Development. We need more social cities so that in the coming three decades, it is possible to bring down the social injustice to a greater level.